Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash
Ah, 2019. A fresh year full of new opportunities, goals, and milestones. Have you settled on your goals for the year?
- Do you want to grow revenue by 50% this year?
- Do want to create and manufacture your own product?
- Are you a solopreneur hoping to transition to working in an office instead of coffee shops?
The truth is, by the time you’re ready to find a new space, you have lots of other things to think about. Enter your rapid growth phase with more confidence by doing just a little thinking today.
Find a space that matches your goals, and prepare for growth with a few easy steps.
Step 1: Take Inventory of the Options
Do a Google search for available workspaces and scope out the options. Take into consideration the amenities, distance from your home, and location. For example, Mac6 is centrally located off highway 10 in Tempe, Arizona. You can be in Phoenix or in the suburbs within minutes.
Step 2: Tour 3 Spaces
Schedule a tour for 3 spaces you are interested in. Any more than 3, and it gets confusing and time-consuming. During each tour, keep an eye out for things you can’t learn from just looking at the website. Are the people friendly and welcoming? Is the space kept clean and office equipment maintained? Can you see yourself and your team working in the space available?
Step 3: Determine Your Growth Checklist
Every company is different and has unique needs. At Mac6, we know the obstacles businesses face at each stage of growth. That’s why we’ve developed tools and programs to help businesses of all sizes break through their ceilings to realize their potential. Use our spaces calculator to receive a free recommendation from our team.
Use the Checklist
To find the perfect space for you, here are a few items you should have on your checklist.
- Flexible lease options: You don’t want the burden of a long-term lease that will keep your business from expanding. Flexible leases are critical for sustainable growth.
- Room to expand: Does the space offer opportunities to expand to a larger office? As your business grows, the last thing you want is to be confined by four walls. Make sure your space can grow with you.
- Proximity: Unless you work entirely remotely, location will always affect your business. Make sure the space offers convenience to you, your team, and your customers and clients.
- Coworking Community: Ask about the community members in the space and the industries represented. Find like-minded entrepreneurs so you can share experiences and support one another as you grow. You can also ask how similar businesses have fared in the coworking environment.
- Basic Amenities: Are the basics covered? Ask about access to conference rooms, printers, copiers, ergonomic workspaces, and coffee and tea.
- Perks: Mac6 offers perks like a 24/7 gym with showers, free exercise classes, and a podcast room. Perks like these help attract and retain great talent!
Step 4: Keep in touch
If it’s not the right time for you to move into a coworking space, keep the dialogue open. You’ll be able to move quickly when the time comes.
Want to learn more about coworking opportunities at Mac6 and schedule a tour? We’d love to hear from you. Get in touch with us, here.